View Full Version : Anyone working at Ga. Aquarium tomorrow?

Lenny
02-22-2007, 3:10 PM
Hey yall,
I have some relatives coming to town this weekend and we're thinking about going down to the aquarium tomorrow (Fri, Feb 23). I was just wondering if any of y'all that work or volunteer might be down, and might be willing to maybe tell us a few secrets of the aquarium while we're down there :) (okay, I want to impress my little cousin, so there!)

Not sure what time we're going down, but that could be flexible.

OR.... if anyone is interested in meeting us down there it'd be interesting to talk and walk with some knowledgable folks!

MattTVI
02-22-2007, 3:59 PM
well, if you see a diver w/ an algae scrapper in one hand a heinekin premium light in the other... that'd be todd. ;)

washowi
02-22-2007, 5:23 PM
wont be there Friday....sorry..

Take him to the Leafy and Weedy Seadragons.....That is the most expensive animal to feed at the aqaurium......based on size,,

Gracie and OZ....OZ is short for Oregon Zoo. All Sea Otters are on Birth Control.

Can go on and on....

Todd

gpenley
02-22-2007, 6:31 PM
I am a second year season ticket holder, have been there seven times and have done the behind the scenes tours. Be sure and start on the far side when you enter the Aquarium where they have the cretures you can touch and the fresh water wildlife, then proceed to go through the venues from left to right and then go across to the side you entered on and go through the Caribean livestock next (on right side when facing it) and then go to left so you save the big 265 yard long and 3 story high viewing tank as the finale and as a chance to sit and enjoy it and hear a narrated overview on the tank and its 20,000 livstock. The best things to get into I think are the Leafy creatures, crabs that grow the size of cars and live 100 years, the bolauga whales, the starfish tank (It has about 30 stafish of different sizes and colors and you can touch some starfish and some urchins in that area), the Seahorses, the electrical catfish and of course the large whalesharks in the big tank.

The behind the scenes tours are for real seawater adventurists and cost over $50 each but you get to walk over the football size tank, see them growing corals, see their surgical rooms and equipment and see how they get the large critters into the building and tanks.

Enjoy.

washowi
02-22-2007, 6:54 PM
Season Pass holders..BTS tours are $25....

I would suggest hitting the Ocean first if you are in Early..hat way you have the gallery to yourself...Saturday afternoons are a *****..

Sorry I see you are there Friday....same thing though, afternoon are still heavy

Ms. K
02-22-2007, 7:33 PM
Yeah, I generally recommend that people got right as soon as they walk in the door...hit Tropical Diver and Ocean Voyager first because they are the ones that people pack into very tightly. Then I'd do the Cold Water Quest, then River Scout, then Georgia Explorer.

I won't be there tomorrow either. I'll be there on Sunday.

Xyzpdq0121
02-22-2007, 7:41 PM
Season Pass holders..BTS tours are $25....

How much to put on my shorty and Nitrox tank and take a dive?!? :D

Flipturn88
02-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Brandon, I'm sorry to go so OT here, but in your opinion, how much better is Nitrox diving than regular O2? Is it worth the training?

That being said, there are many super knowledgeable employees working at the aquarium, and I'm pretty confident that any of them would gladly dish out some interesting info - I chatted with one woman about the otters for almost an hour!

brad
02-23-2007, 1:40 AM
[quote=gpenley]
The behind the scenes tours are for real seawater adventurists and cost over $50 each but you get to walk over the football size tank, see them growing corals, see their surgical rooms and equipment and see how they get the large critters into the building and tanks.
quote]

or a $20 dollar field trip for your zoology class... either way, i think its well worth the money...