View Full Version : 4th of July Weekend.

JennM
06-13-2009, 12:10 PM
This poll is for the 4th of July weekend, 2009.

This year the official holiday will be observed by many businesses on Friday, July 3rd.

To better serve you, please vote for which day Imagine Ocean should be closed in observance of Independence Day.

Please note, we will be open as usual on Sunday, July 5th.

This poll will remain open until Saturday, June 27th, 2009.

Results will be emailed to the group, and published in the newsletter.

We have also posted a similar poll on our Yahoo Groups Page.

Your Imagine Ocean Team

ericmcj31
06-13-2009, 12:20 PM
I think you mean Sat. july 4th; but heck take a long weekend if I were you...come in Sat. and feed fish/animals and enjoy the holiday!

JennM
06-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Well duh me - yeah it should be Saturday, July 4th. The edit button is gone so I can't fix it...(unless a Mod can, please?)

Jenn :)

Barbara
06-13-2009, 12:57 PM
I voted for the actual day (July 4th) b/c most folks will probably stay home so I suspect business will be lighter on that day. But who knows; I could be wrong. But I agree with Eric; take the whole weekend off and enjoy yourself!

Kirru
06-13-2009, 1:20 PM
I voted for the 4th, the Saturday. But if it were me, I'd take friday saturday and sunday(if you are open, haven't had a chance to come by and see your store that i hear a lot about)

JennM
06-13-2009, 1:33 PM
Well I'm always closed Monday and the early part of Tuesday - so we'll be open Sunday as per usual - just had to decide which day to be closed so we can par-tay :)

I figured most folks will be doing their partying on the 4th... but I just wanted to see what the consensus was. The first year or two we were open on the 4th (unless it fell on a Monday or Tuesday) but found out it wasn't really worth it.

Just trying to find the balance between keeping our customers happy, and having a bit of time off :)

Jenn

twocute2b4u
06-13-2009, 9:16 PM
From a business perspective you will probably have more traffic on Friday, July 3rd. People will be out of work and will have an extra day to do whatever they want. On the 4th of July everyone will be with family and friends having BBQ's. I say close for the 4th and stay open for that Friday :-)

ericmcj31
06-13-2009, 9:27 PM
well said, twocute...

Dakota9
06-14-2009, 6:50 AM
Oddly, the company I work for makes us work Christmas Eve, but always gives us two days off for 4th of July, I'll be off the 2nd, 3rd and the weekend.

You should consider something like that, make it a mini vacation

JennM
06-14-2009, 7:04 AM
Where I come from, December 26th (Boxing Day) is also a Statutory Holiday... stinks going back to work the day after Christmas...

The poll is unfolding more or less as I expected - I'll let it run its course, but it looks like we'll be closed on the 4th :) That will let me get my party on with everybody else!

I get the same impression as 2cute... people using that Friday off to run errands and prepare for Saturday's festivities. We notice there's usually a bit of an increase in business just before a holiday because people are getting their tanks cleaned up in anticipation of having guests over etc. We usually see people that we haven't seen in a while, or who have been a bit delinquent with their water changes etc.... suddenly they look at their tanks and go, "OOPS!"... so we always have extra water made up :D

Jenn

bclark7169
06-14-2009, 8:45 AM
from a business perspective you will probably have more traffic on friday, july 3rd. People will be out of work and will have an extra day to do whatever they want. On the 4th of july everyone will be with family and friends having bbq's. I say close for the 4th and stay open for that friday :-)
+1

jefft
06-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Stay open both days, pay your self holiday pay!

JennM
06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL you made a funny!

vanster
06-20-2009, 2:07 PM
Take off Saturday!

vanster
06-20-2009, 2:10 PM
Work Friday, off Saturday. Most people will be partying on Saturday anyway and preparing on Friday.

JennM
06-20-2009, 3:21 PM
That's how it's looking :) I can get my party on at the same time as everyone else!

Jenn

JennM
06-25-2009, 2:17 PM
Well I think it's safe to say we'll be closed on Saturday, July 4th. :)

Thanks to all who took a moment to cast a vote!

Jenn