View Full Version : Creation Reef to the rescue!

DonS
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
So, I wake up Saturday morning and put on the coffee, go downstairs (10AM) to check the “fishies” and find my 30+ year old 150 gallon tank is leaking along a seam. No repair possible! So what to do? Called one LFS and no answer, finally got Creation Reef and Aquatics on the phone (I thought they had a 185 and 215 in the store). Advised them of my sad tale and they jumped into action. Mark called in some backups to help with the store, while I drove over to “pick out my new tank”. I picked out the 215 with double overflows and cherry stand and hood. Brought the tank home in my truck with two vehicles from Creation Reef following. 6 guys (two strong ones) carried my tank down some uneven rocky steps to the basement.
Mark and Matt stayed the course and plumbed the new tank, transferred all the live rock and fish and finally left at 9:00pm. What a day—what a great bunch of folks to drop everything and get me out of a big jam! Of course in the end I have a gorgeous tank, some new friends and a slightly damaged credit card, but what the heck, as of this morning I have all my critters alive and eating. So, thanks to Creation Reef and Aquatics, in Woodstock for their quick and friendly assistance in my time of need.

Skriz
05-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Very cool! Now that's why we support our sponsors!

Seedless Reefer
05-24-2009, 10:48 AM
You couldn't go wrong with either tank!

coolsurf
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Hats off to Creation and staff. That is just one of many reasons why I have chosen them to be my #1 LFS. The staff is great and Matt and Amanda are quite special. I am glad to hear it all worked out. Beautiful looking tank.:up:

DonS
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Before I post this on Craigs List --- it's up for grabs, could be repaired I guess, but likely best for a large reptile. Must have pickup and several strong backs to remove. Since it's free, will take some donations ie shrooms, polyps etc. if available but not required!
Tank is 72 inches long 18 inches wide 26 inches tall
Call 678-793-8485 or PM me.

James S.
05-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I love Creation Reef as well. Great Store

atreyu917
05-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Yep I love Creation. Amanda is especially nice. And I'm glad all the fish are ok :)
Beautiful new setup though!

cr500_af
05-24-2009, 11:19 AM
If I had strong backs lined up, I'd say I'll take it. Stand by while I work on that!

LilRobb
05-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Barry,

you can always count on me + this weekend a friend that stays over.

Robb

cr500_af
05-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I think I'll let somebody else have it... it would be a long time before I could fix it and set it up, so I'll let somebody get it that will use it sooner. I don't want to be greedy.

Plus, I think if I upgrade and don't get one that's 24" deep, I'll regret it and then I'll be doing it all over again!

blu_devl_06
05-24-2009, 12:34 PM
love the new tank!!

sailfish
05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Very Nice! Glad to see that it worked out so well. Good job Creation Reef.

Joe

Linda Lee
05-24-2009, 1:30 PM
We've been eyeing that tank @ Creation. It's absolutely gorgeous. Glad an ARC member ended up with it.

Congrats on your new system!!

DonS
05-24-2009, 1:36 PM
I think I'll let somebody else have it... it would be a long time before I could fix it and set it up, so I'll let somebody get it that will use it sooner. I don't want to be greedy.

Plus, I think if I upgrade and don't get one that's 24" deep, I'll regret it and then I'll be doing it all over again!

Frankly, unless you really knew what you were doing it would be risky. One seam gone, others weak. Got one Craigs list response that wants to use it for turtles. Perfect!!!
If it's still around in a couple of weeks ( I hope not ) I'll repost.
Thanks to all who commented. Guess we are in concensus re: Creation Reef.

Barbara
05-24-2009, 2:09 PM
Don, I didn't realize "the fella with the blown tank" was you. I saw the folks at Creation scrambling around b/c so many were out with you. I'm glad they got you fixed up. That's an incredibly nice tank and stand! Congratulations on the new purchase.

Dartfrog
05-24-2009, 2:31 PM
Dad, the tank looks great, can't wait to come home and see it, wish I could've been there to help!

DonS
05-24-2009, 5:31 PM
Don, I didn't realize "the fella with the blown tank" was you. I saw the folks at Creation scrambling around b/c so many were out with you. I'm glad they got you fixed up. That's an incredibly nice tank and stand! Congratulations on the new purchase.
Scrambling might be an understatement! But it's done, it's still standing and the fish, and softies are really grooving in their new home.
BTW - 5 calls from Craigslist on the free leaking 150, someone will be here in a half an hour!
Now the new tank will cost me even more money since the old one was a room divider. What to do? Re-carpet or tile on the basement concrete floor? I'm favoring tile but that's bigger $$$ than carpet. Opinions anyone?

cr500_af
05-24-2009, 5:43 PM
The price is pretty favorable to carpet if you lay the tile yourself. When I built my house I used all hardwood w/tile kitchen and baths, because I was able to buy the wood cheaper than I could have carpet put down. If you're having to pay for tile work, then carpet will be significantly cheaper.

However, think about this: If, no, WHEN you end up with water in the floor, which would you rather have?

Corigan
05-24-2009, 9:14 PM
Looking good Don. I'm glad all ended up well, even if the wallet is dented. It was nice meeting you.

Matt

Steve
05-24-2009, 9:51 PM
That tank was heavy loading and even heavier walking it down that uneven rockcase. Glad Matt and Mark fixed you up. It looks great by the way. It was nice to meet you the other day, although be it under the wrong circumstances!

andregarcia_73
05-24-2009, 10:54 PM
That's a great story and I'm glad all went well. That's a plus for creation reef! Never been but I will make sure and stop by now! Lol

fabbss
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Thats awesome that nothing was lost. Matt and Amanda are awesome, they are my LFS. Always helpful and willing to help anyway they can and having some great looking livestock always helps too!

traylor23
07-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Thats awesome that nothing was lost. Matt and Amanda are awesome, they are my LFS. Always helpful and willing to help anyway they can and having some great looking livestock always helps too!

+1 Creation has gone above and beyond making sure that all of my questions were answered and have always provided the correct advise in my livestock choices, and not just those to make a sale. They have everything that you could possibly want or need in their store, and if they don't, they can get it. Great folks and I'm VERY lucky to have them less than 5 miles away!

--Matt