View Full Version : Greenwater available?

Flipturn88
05-18-2009, 7:23 AM
Hi all,

I am hoping to raise another batch of onyx clowns, but I don't have the rotifers/greenwater culture set up yet. Time is of the essence because the eggs are due to hatch tonight (I just got back from college and decided I was ready to raise the fry again). Does anyone have extra rotifers and/or greenwater I could have to restart my culture? I may have to order some rotis online too, as a LOT are needed in the first few days.

Much thanks,
Kayla

Budsreef
05-18-2009, 7:46 AM
Kayla, I just restarted my rotifer culture from Bobz on Saturday but I don't intend to use it anytime soon. I use concentrated algae, also from Bob, to feed them and did not maintain green water separately but I have some of that I can spare as well. You are welcome to come by and get some if you don't find another source.

glxtrix
05-18-2009, 7:51 AM
Wow Kayla, it's been a long time! Hope all is well. Good luck with the clowns.

bobz
05-18-2009, 7:57 AM
If Bud's do not work out I can spare some starter culture for you as well. I have the Seahorses and some of Bud' Maroon Clowns going right now but I should have enough.

Flipturn88
05-18-2009, 8:05 AM
Budsreef, that would be great! I truly appreciate the short-notice help. I'll send you a PM with more details.

Hey, Lee! It has been a long time for sure, but I'm finally back in the ATL for one more summer. I raised a batch of onyx clowns to eight months old while away at school and brought/left them at home about two months ago. Unfortunately, something happened to the tank (we're still not sure what), and we lost them all overnight, which hit me pretty hard--you get attached to those guys after months of care! I'm finally ready to raise them again, and I have the whole summer to do so, which is an exciting prospect.

Flipturn88
05-18-2009, 8:07 AM
Bobz, thank you so much for the offer as well. I will be sure to let you know if I need a different source.

I just looked at some of your breeding threads, and your fry look great! Congrats on such success.

jmaneyapanda
05-18-2009, 8:17 AM
I have some too, but Im way up in Eastern West Jahungaville.

glxtrix
05-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Aww sorry to hear that.. Hopefully this batch does better for you :)

bobz
05-18-2009, 1:12 PM
good luck with them!
Z

Flipturn88
05-20-2009, 8:10 PM
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the eggs hatched while I was out picking up the rotis from Bud--even though the actinics were already on! And of course the other fish in the tank made sure none of the fry were left when I checked the tank. Albeit disappointing, I've got a culture set up and running for the next round; hopefully the parents will lay more eggs in the next week or so, and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated when they do.

bobz
05-20-2009, 10:50 PM
bummer! Good luck with the next batch though!
BZ

Budsreef
05-21-2009, 8:06 AM
I know not all clownfish lay on the same schedule, but my Maroons lay every ten days. It takes 6-8 days for them to hatch and just 2 to 4 for them to lay again. Hopefully, yours will lay again in a couple of days.