View Full Version : Please pray

christopherjay
04-12-2009, 11:28 PM
My father was in a motorcycle accident on fiveforks and oak road today..He was hit by a red full sized suv..He is doing okay altho he does have a broken leg,broken foot,ribs are all torn up,broken toes and all of that...Everyone keep in mind that you NEED TO LOOK TWICE..stay off your cell phones..this guy was on a cell phone and got over right on top of my father..Claimed he didnt see him!!!!!why because he was on a cell phone and not paying any attention what so ever...My father is very upset due to the fact that his bike isnt very old and only has 12,000 miles on it..Unfortunantly it is totaled..It flipped end over end about 3 times and smashed into the curb..so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!..its not a race..dont pull out in front of people..

LilRobb
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
My father is very upset due to the fact that his bike isnt very old and only has 12,000 miles on it.

Umm,

I would be HAPPY to make it out there, a bike can be replaced a life can't.

Ralph ATL
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
awe man, that is terrible! Sorry! Prayers are with ya! I work like 2 miles from that intersection, too! obviously, close to your home, too!

christopherjay
04-12-2009, 11:35 PM
makes me mad that all he got was a slap on the hand and a ticket for failure to maintain lane!!!..thats okay..we are sueing for everything he has..Considering you cant get a 2008 harley ultraclassic firefighter edition anymore..!!! the guy is saying he isnt going to pay for anything not even the hospital bills..THINK AGAIN BRO!!!

DrNecropolis
04-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Jeez man... Got you guys in my thought..

Look twice, save a life!!

Linda Lee
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
So sorry about your dad. There are people who literally "don't see" motorcyclists and bicyclists because they've no 2-wheel experience and are simply not looking out for them. I always give them lots of space. I also had a very good high school friend who lost her brother when a drunk driver hit his motorcycle, pushed it underneath a tractor-trailer rig and decapitated him. The drunk driver had previous DUI's on his record.

Be thankful you father survived. It could have been so much worse.

christopherjay
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM
certainly could have been..I really do thank all of you for your kind words..i just get SOOOOO mad at people..I mean come on..you didnt see it???? i know you HEARD THE **** THING!!!

DrNecropolis
04-12-2009, 11:48 PM
So sorry about your dad. There are people who literally "don't see" motorcyclists and bicyclists because they've no 2-wheel experience and are simply not looking out for them. I always give them lots of space. I also had a very good high school friend who lost her brother when a drunk driver hit his motorcycle, pushed it underneath a tractor-trailer rig and decapitated him. The drunk driver had previous DUI's on his record.

Be thankful you father survived. It could have been so much worse.

Name wasnt Jason was it?

Son of Adam
04-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Hang in there pops! Sounds like a real "tuff dude". Seams about right though, if you got that bike and it gets totaled, you really don't care about the broken bones. That dude is gonna write a check. You know it. Glad your dad is some what OK. Be well.

DrNecropolis
04-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I mean Josh...

christopherjay
04-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Well he is gonna have to right a check..that bike is brand new LOL..as soon as i got to the hospital my dad said..man hows my bike bro...Is it jacked up??does it look like a duece and a half ran it over..I said..ummm..the bikes fine..needs a little paint..thats all..HAH..and now STATE WIDE WRECKER HAS THE BIKE!!!..the will not release it without him being there..i said well i need all his stuff outta his bike..They said sorry he has to be here..I was like dude..he is in the effin hospital..So im planning on riding up there and jumping the fences with some friends tonight and snatching everything outta the thing.

Thanh386
04-13-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man. I just saw it too! Hope your dad's doing ok.

Son of Adam
04-13-2009, 12:18 AM
So im planning on riding up there and jumping the fences with some friends tonight and snatching everything outta the thing.

Love it! Sounds like a blast. Take some steak for the dogs.

theplantman
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Hope your dad gets well soon. My father was t-boned on his BMW when I was a kid the night before Thanksgiving. Lady ran a stop sign at 40mph. Thank god for protective gear, he always wore boots, gloves, full face helmet, leather jacket and pants. Still ended up with shattered wrist and broken jaw. Thanksgiving turkey from a straw.

Tell your dad he's in everyones thoughts.

Smoothie
04-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Glad your dad pulled through. Judges are really getting tuff on the cell phone thing at least around here anyway. Huge settlements especially from the old school judges. Hope your dad get's his hospitol bills paid and gets to use the insurance money to buy a new firefighter harley.

ares
04-13-2009, 12:36 AM
good that he is ok.

wouldnt worry about the bike for a second.

As a bike rider myself, need to be defensive, and maybe he was. but personally I never ride next to a car. I will always stay in front of or behind. in the gap between cars. so they can come over and I dont get run over.

its a bad mentality to think others should see you, nice wishes, but your on the bike, they are in the 4000+lb car. if you want to make a stand, make it elsewhere. dont think they will see you because they should see you. insurance will pay for what it will pay for, thats what its for.

LeeS
04-13-2009, 12:50 AM
First thing a biker is going to ask after a crash is is my bike O K? So glad to hear he is going to make it.

JessPete
04-13-2009, 1:00 AM
I can't stand how inconsiderate some people are of motorcycles. You should NOT be tailgating or cutting of a bike! I know sometimes people don't pay attention, but the one's that really kill me are the ones that know you're there and STILL drive with no concern for your personal safety. One great thing about riding a bike... they can't miss it when you shoot them the finger. I always wear all my gear.

Glad your dad's ok, sucks about the bike. I'm glad he's around and well enough to be ticked about it.

christopherjay
04-13-2009, 1:40 AM
Yeah..My dad wasnt riding beside the guy..Fiveforks goes from one lane to two lanes..My dad had gotten into the right lane and this guy stayed in the left..The guy driving the suv noticed that his side traffic was coming to a stop..so he sped up and shot over ontop of my father..He refused to call 911 and offered to help my father up even tho he had a 800 pound bike ontop of him..My father told him to call 911 and he walked away..Another guy pulled up and called 911 and got the bike off of my father..even went up to the hospital to make sure he was okay..I wish the guy that hit him would have been there..because ida put my foot so far up his *** that the sweat on my knee would have quinched his thirst..and to hear oh man im sorry i didnt see you..THE HELL YOU DIDNT..you decieded you would try to race my father and pass him knowing the he had no where to go..Thats okay tho..Ill find him..Ive got his tag info from the police report..Ive got something for that little punk:)..

Smoothie
04-13-2009, 1:50 AM
Save all that emotion if the settlement doesn't go your dad's way. Now would just hurt your dad's case.

christopherjay
04-13-2009, 1:57 AM
True..Drug dealer teen in a brand new expedition

Smoothie
04-13-2009, 2:06 AM
In that case the cars and rims are probably in his mama's name, so send a book on how to raise children before you knock the door down

wbrown
04-13-2009, 6:09 AM
wait till your done with basic, the old man heals up and THEN after you've gotten a really good bike riding lawyer, go knockin' heads.
I've been hit three times by cars/trucks on bikes, third was the charm, got a hip, shoulder, and 5 surgeries on a leg. Now my rides with the boys are in a truck running block.

christopherjay
04-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah..im pretty upset tho man..You cant by his motorcyle..Its a 2008 harley davidson firefighter edition..He got a DEMO..Now they only sell to fire fighters