View Full Version : Live Rock

linda grubbs
11-18-2004, 1:47 PM
We are setting up our first saltwater tank a 290 gal. We are trying to decide on what type of rocks to purchase. We were thinking of driving down to TBS in Tampa to purchase the package from them. Has anyone bought rock recently form them? If so will you let me know if you were satisfied with you purchase. We would appreciate any advice . Thanks.
Linda

akula
11-21-2004, 3:04 PM
I bought a small batch of rock from TBS about a year ago. no complaints. I did not buy the package though, just rock. picked it up at the Delta cargo terminal at the airport. may I suggest that you visit www.reefcentral.com and read through the TBS sponsor forum. there is a huge amount of info there about TBS rock.

I believe it would be worth while to contact Chris at Atlanta Aquaria (one of the sponcors here and get some rock prices from him. should be a good deal.

Harleyguy
12-11-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mafiaman and TheHitMan got there rock there. I have seen it and must say that I was very impressed. They got to hand pick it and got a great price for awesome rock. The pieces were very big. If you are thinking about driving to Tampa, you might want to post when first, and see if anyone else wants some rock too. Then you can split you gas and get the rock even a little cheaper.