View Full Version : JessicaPete

Seedless Reefer
03-21-2009, 6:36 AM
Titan Pinch Link Training Collar: Large.............Inquiring minds want to know!!

JessPete
03-21-2009, 7:10 AM
Black lab, hunting dog. They're less painful than the traditional "choke" collars, because instead of pinching and bunching the skin, they evenly distribute the pressure around the neck. It's less likely to hurt the dog. We had one, but it's been lost and Diesel (our lab) is to rambunctious to walk on just a regular collar, he'll pull it until he's hoarse. He just walks with this type of collar.

JessPete
03-21-2009, 7:11 AM
Those prongs don't go into the skin, they bend and run parallel to it.

jenn_jeffery
03-21-2009, 8:15 AM
BUT, you can do serious damage to a dog with these collars, if you don't know how to use them properly. If you yank, or have (esp. a smaller dog) that suddenly runs and hits the end of the collar, it can damage the trachea easily.

For anyone using these, please be sure it's fitted properly, and you have someone -- preferably a recommended trainer -- show you how to use one. Or, take your dog to a training class, if possible and teach it to walk on the leash w/o pulling works even better.

Seedless Reefer
03-21-2009, 8:18 AM
Yeah dog suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!

atreyu917
03-21-2009, 5:04 PM
eww i hate any pinch collars. if your dog is bad with pulling check out a Halty or Gentle Leader. They work miracles. Same idea as a halter for a horse. Takes some getting used to, but works VERY well

JessPete
03-21-2009, 5:52 PM
No comment.

atreyu917
03-21-2009, 5:59 PM
No comment.

????

atreyu917
03-21-2009, 6:08 PM
I'm just giving my personal opinion. My friend is a dog trainer and the vet I works for likes them as well....

JessPete
03-21-2009, 7:26 PM
I just refuse to get pulled into any further conversations that are going to lead to controversy or drama. I'm not saying that ya'll would cause any, but honestly, this whole thing is getting dumb. There's no reason that I should be on the internet listening to people chime in with their opinions on my pets. I really like some of the people I've met here, but I joined for reefkeeping info. I'm done with all this other crap. We're to the point where we're happy with our setup, we have the livestock we want, and this is becoming a place to goof off. I'd rather goof off in real life. I'm not going to sit around defending myself on the internet any more. It's dumb. Adios!

Seedless Reefer
03-21-2009, 7:39 PM
See I just thought it was kinky!

Linda Lee
03-21-2009, 7:50 PM
Hush, Loren.

Or I'll speak out on the real reason we got the chicken-flavored Nylabone.

DrNecropolis
03-22-2009, 12:23 AM
LoL