View Full Version : FS: Copperband

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 9:01 AM
Alright, this pains me that I have to do this but my copperband, that I've had for over a year (eats anything to throw in the tank as well as aptasia and featherdusters...natural diet) I need to get rid of. Disclosure - he has just started to nip at clams, so if you have clams, use at your own risk! Price is $70, what I paid for him when I bought it. Pick up is at my house in Austell, sooner rather than later would be best seeing how I have the fish and he's in my sump.

lax man 10
03-02-2009, 9:17 AM
pics?

Barbara
03-02-2009, 9:39 AM
How big is he? What other fish have you had him with? I may be interested.

Jeff.mcphail
03-02-2009, 9:43 AM
pics?

Google has a few

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 9:50 AM
Oh yeah and I WONT sell him to anyone with a yellow tang, unless it's going in a different tank. Yellow tangs will not play nice with a copperband. He was with a 6 line, blue tang, sailfin tang, chromis, clowns, gobys...I think thats about it.

Oil_Fan
03-02-2009, 9:51 AM
How big is he? I'm also very interested.

Linda Lee
03-02-2009, 9:55 AM
Lee, have you talked to Derek? I bought his and I think he regretted the sale -- really wanted him back. He may be looking for one.

I can't have one... I have a YT.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm ultimately looking for a member who will take care of this fish....it's my baby and hate that I have to rid of him....but with 4 clams in the tank, I can't risk it anymore. This fish was going to go to Charlie but we can't meet up....unless I hear from him that he can get him within a few days....then I reserve the right to sell to him again. But if I dont hear anything or can't meet with him, it's open to who I feel is likely to keep this fish at it's full healthy status. The fish is 4" or so, very healthy and an aggressive eater.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I hear ya Linda about the YT, I use to have one too that I really loved, but I had to get rid of him in order to keep this fish. Who knows, perhaps they would get along, but my exp. with them led me to believe they will not.

Linda Lee
03-02-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm ultimately looking for a member who will take care of this fish....it's my baby and hate that I have to rid of him....

I know how you feel. We're having to part with a flamehawk, niger trigger, my darling little YT and Loren's prized queen angelfish. I feel like I'm breaking up a family.

:sad:

I hear ya Linda about the YT, I use to have one too that I really loved, but I had to get rid of him in order to keep this fish. Who knows, perhaps they would get along, but my exp. with them led me to believe they will not.

I wouldn't put one in with a YT either although I'm sure some members would swear there wouldn't be a problem. I bought Derek's healthy/established CBB and he was doing fine in my 90g (I thought); then he suddenly started to decline and was dead within 24 hours. I felt horrible about it -- especially since Derek wanted him back. My YT is quite small, but fiesty. I'm sure he had something to do with the loss.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 10:10 AM
It's tough getting rid of fish :( I fought a battle keeping this fish, I've gone as far as raising aptasia just in order this guy can get it's natural diet at least twice a month. He does eat very very will with out it, but it's always good to give a fish it's natural diet from time to time.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah I lost 2 CBBs before this one and it was due to the YT pestering him till the end....he would even pick on him when he was dead. YT's are mean mean little fish.

Oil_Fan
03-02-2009, 10:19 AM
So I'm guessing yellow tangs and CBB fish tend not to mix? I ask because I have a yellow tang though I've never seen him act aggressive at all. My clowns on the other hand....

Derek_S
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, the YTs put a beating on the CBBs. CBBs are actually pretty docile, so any generally agressive eaters may outcompete the CBB. I wouldnt even want to house it with many fast eating fish like damsels, tangs, triggers, etc unless you feed A LOT and there is plenty of time for the food to float around and be picked off by the CBB.

Lee I am intrested. I will PM you.

Mockery
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
What is the minimum tank size?

Oil_Fan
03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Liveaquaria.com has them listed as needing a 50 gallon tank.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Yes a 50 is minimum in my eyes. They roam the tank 24/7 looking for food to pick off the rocks. Mine is a very aggressive eater and would put him up against many other aggressive eaters as well. He is not in the least bit aggressive towards other fish though. Very passive and just looking to eat food. Sorry I will not sell if you have a YT. As I stated before they do not mix well. I too thought my YT was docile, I could reach in my tank hand feed and pet my YT. Once I added a CBB, the YT turned into the devil. He would not leave him alone and ultimately killed two CBB's. I have PM's going out to interested parties...and all PM's have been replied to.

Derek_S
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Lee, sounds very lucky that he is suchan agressive eater. Mine never were, unfortunatly.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
This guy knows the cup i feed with and will (if he could) bust through the glass to get into the cup. He will dart from tank side to tank side to get pieces of mysis and brine. With my farm of aptasia I raise, I would drop in a piece of egg crate, and before I would let go if it, he would be on it picking off the aptasia. It would be best for this guy to be fed several times a day or maybe a good healthy dose of food. I typically feed a lot once...but occasionally I'll do several smaller feeds....just to vary it up a little. He does not eat flake anymore, or pellets, but any other prepared foods don't stand a chance.

Derek_S
03-02-2009, 11:53 AM
You spoiled him. Shame shame.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 1:13 PM
I spoil ALL my fish! My child when that day comes....oh boy.

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 2:43 PM
This guy is pending,

glxtrix
03-02-2009, 8:37 PM
sold pending pick up.

Linda Lee
03-02-2009, 9:31 PM
sold pending pick up.

I slip over to your place and hang a black wreath of mourning on your door.

I hope you retained visitation rights -- at least alternating major holidays and every other weekend.

Seedless Reefer
03-02-2009, 9:39 PM
On a lighter note you will be happy to know that your clowns have regained all of their fins, made it to the final round beating out the Darwins, will be on display in the 180 and have a beautiful RBTA to call home.

Gwhiz
03-02-2009, 9:55 PM

Interesting. My Sailfin is way more aggressive than my YT..

Barbara
03-04-2009, 3:29 PM
So pretty! And so docile. Getting along with everyone very well.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/rlmblm21/Tank%20Pics/100_0208.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/rlmblm21/Tank%20Pics/100_0209.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/rlmblm21/Tank%20Pics/100_0210a.jpg

bobz
03-04-2009, 3:36 PM
Sweet!!!! and he went to a great home. I really wanted to pick up this guy but my 210 is getting pretty full!
Z

glxtrix
03-04-2009, 4:06 PM
It makes me happy knowing he's in such a great loving home now :) Thanks barb. Yeah he could care less about other fish in the tank, he just wants to eat :yes:

Barbara
03-04-2009, 4:49 PM
He's awesome Lee. And he can swim in funny directions. He can swim straight up and straight down. And when he picks at the rock he must not like the taste because he shimmies and spits little particles out and then goes back for more!

Linda Lee
03-04-2009, 5:03 PM
must not like the taste because he shimmies and spits little particles out and then goes back for more!

I did the same thing with the dinner Loren cooked last night....

Barbara
03-04-2009, 5:09 PM
I did the same thing with the dinner Loren cooked last night....

Oh no you didn't!!!! That man is good to you! You better edit, or you might not get another Loren meal!

glxtrix
03-04-2009, 5:26 PM
wait till you see him swim upside down trying to get at something....kinda freaked me out the first time I saw him do that.....awwwww, I miss him :( You'll be a great mommy for him, thanks again.

Mockery
03-04-2009, 5:33 PM
Well I'm glad it went to a great home! That is one beautiful fish.

ericmcj31
03-04-2009, 5:37 PM
cool fish--glad he's got a great home-