View Full Version : Does everyone here...

kappaknight
01-30-2007, 2:24 PM
... have an account ReefCentral.com? I'm not trying to advertise for them but I was just curious. RC is probably the biggest one on the web but not everyone likes giant forums. I'm just trying to gauge what percentage of reefers (across the US) have accounts on there.

Cameron
01-30-2007, 3:09 PM
If nothing else, the Chemistry Forum is top notch. Randy and Boomer are really good about dispensing the advice.

Maveri9720
01-30-2007, 3:10 PM
Yea, RC and TRT too. Plenty of reading between those 2 and this one. Great way to get a varied opinion on things too.

You coming to this meeting Wei?

calireefer
01-30-2007, 3:25 PM
I like nano-reef.com amazing tanks on that site

glxtrix
01-30-2007, 3:29 PM
I'm all over.

kappaknight
01-30-2007, 3:59 PM
Yep... I'm coming to the meeting. :) I'm working hard to finish my frag trading website before then... I wonder if it'll be doable.

Sprayin70
01-30-2007, 4:39 PM
My 3 favorites:

AtlantaReefClub
TRT
RC

Maveri9720
01-30-2007, 5:18 PM
Yep... I'm coming to the meeting. :) I'm working hard to finish my frag trading website before then... I wonder if it'll be doable.

How's that coming along?

Vettesarebest
01-30-2007, 5:26 PM
Lol I guess im left out in this one......

jmaneyapanda
01-30-2007, 5:51 PM
I am on RC, but I am beginning to hate it. There is so much misinformation spread on that site by people who (innocently enough) pass on comments based on heresay as fact. And will fight to the death about it. I hope I am not coming across as my @#$% don't stink, because Lord knows I've done the same, but it gets really tiresome "arguing" with someone who cant back up their claims when asked, and refuses to just say, "oh, I've learned something". I dont know how that forum got that way, but it is deep into it now.

kappaknight
01-30-2007, 6:39 PM
How's that coming along?

I started about a week and a half ago... surprisingly it's coming along quite well considering I haven't written code or come up with a new design in over three years. I'm going to try to get a working version for you guys to test out the weekend before the frag meeting. :up:

kappaknight
01-30-2007, 6:39 PM
Lol I guess im left out in this one......

Are you not on because you didn't know about it or cause you're choosing not to go on the board? Just curious. :D

Maveri9720
01-30-2007, 6:55 PM
I started about a week and a half ago... surprisingly it's coming along quite well considering I haven't written code or come up with a new design in over three years. I'm going to try to get a working version for you guys to test out the weekend before the frag meeting. :up:

Good to hear. I want to test it out and get free frags for it.

Do you have the frag tank up yet, or are you waiting to get the site up first?

Haven't talked to you in a bit, so I don't remember where you were at.

kappaknight
01-30-2007, 7:34 PM
December and January has been hella busy at work... so I haven't had time to setup the frag tank yet. I will probably finish the site first before doing anything... and depending on how the site turns out, it may actually be a few months *cough* wedding *cough* before I can get around to setting up the tank.

Maveri9720
01-30-2007, 7:52 PM
Wei, you need to learn to prioritize.

1. Frag site
2. Frag tank
3. Free frags for me
4. Your Fishtank
5. Work
6. Pets
7. Watching tv
8. Cleaning house
9. Watching paint dry
10. Last resort: Marriage

Listen and learn well grasshopper............

Vettesarebest
01-30-2007, 7:55 PM
Are you not on because you didn't know about it or cause you're choosing not to go on the board? Just curious. :D

I knew about it but, honestly I need to focus more on school than any more forums.

Ms. K
01-30-2007, 8:24 PM
I frequent the mantis shrimp forum.

kappaknight
01-31-2007, 9:24 AM
kinky. :tongue2:

George
01-31-2007, 9:54 AM
If by "account" you mean I paid the $24 for membership, no.

I kind of found it annoying that I had to pay to search. The reason is for bandwidth, I know, but giving me the "search function has been temporarily disabled due to high server load" when it is NEVER enabled unless you have a paid account really turned me off to them. Other sites, such as gaming related ones I use, are straightforward in telling you that membership gets fancy benefits.

Kevin
01-31-2007, 9:59 AM
I have a "Free" account on reef central. I don't use it a whole lot.

Maveri9720
01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
If by "account" you mean I paid the $24 for membership, no.

I kind of found it annoying that I had to pay to search. The reason is for bandwidth, I know, but giving me the "search function has been temporarily disabled due to high server load" when it is NEVER enabled unless you have a paid account really turned me off to them. Other sites, such as gaming related ones I use, are straightforward in telling you that membership gets fancy benefits.

There's an easy workaround for that. You just go to the homepage and then click on search on the left and then you use the google box to search RC.

There's a bunch of threads talking about how lame it is to pay and then you still have a hard time searching and still get the server busy errors. What a waste of money in my opinion.

But there is WAY too much info there for me not to use it. You just have to know the workarounds to using it.

kappaknight
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure the high server load page is hard coded to the search button unless you pay... Now I'm curious what kind of equipment it takes to run a site like that. I guess I'll find out when the time comes.