View Full Version : Disable quick reply box

melev
02-10-2009, 2:23 AM
Can someone tell me how to turn off the quick reply box under each thread? I constantly type in it, but the post never goes through (using the most recent version of Firefox). I have to copy and past it into the full editor, which I don't mind using. I'm just sick of forgetting it, and having to go through the extra motions.

So if I can disable it so it doesn't appear, it would make my life so much better. :shout:

Crew
02-10-2009, 2:27 AM
I had the same problem.. on a whim I tried the new Google Chrome.. I will never use firefox again.. plus you can use quick reply :)

Ace of Spades
02-10-2009, 2:30 AM
I just type in the quick reply box, then hit go advanced, and it copies what I've typed over, then hit submit. Also using Firefox 3.

There's supposed to be a fix for this coming up in an update sometime in the future.

Crew
02-10-2009, 2:47 AM
http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

does everything firefox does.. but it works

Ace of Spades
02-10-2009, 2:49 AM
Eh, google smoogle. I'd rather use AOL 3.0.

LorenK
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
We are very close to the new site upgrade...just a matter of getting some time when Chris is available and getting 'er done.

ares
02-16-2009, 12:16 AM
IE 8.0 does the same thing, but only simetimes. I just hit go advanced and post through there, copies it over for me.

google chrome has alot of issues I understand. Im liking 8.0, though it has its share of bugs also, getting straightened out slowly.

Lilbluelude
02-16-2009, 1:11 AM
so its not just me that has this issue. I always have to copy and paste even after writing a short quick reply. Half the time I just exit out of the window and say forget it.

****it.. I did it again after reading the thread on it..:doh:

glxtrix
02-16-2009, 1:47 AM
Yeah I just type and then hit "go advanced" and it's there already. It's an extra step, but I'm a lover of FF, so I'll continue to do this till the site it upgraded.

Delloman
03-18-2009, 7:54 AM
try opera it is my browser of choice

bluehippofrag
03-18-2009, 8:11 AM
melev, type in "ie tab" in the address bar of firefox, install the addon, then in the bottom right hand corner, left click the firefox logo. it will then load whatever page you have in "ie" using firefox, you can then right click the now ie logo in the bottom right hand corner to permanently add the site to load in ie.

while youre at it, type in "adblock" in the address bar as well. you can disable ads from any site this way.