View Full Version : Lysmata amboinensis - Skunk Cleaner Shrimp spawn

bobz
02-01-2009, 8:25 AM
Last night I had set the trap to try and catch some Ocellaris Clownfish larva that looked like they were going to hatch out. At about 11PM I checked and had caught about 30 larva so I transferred them to a grow out tank. I put the trap back in the tank to see if there were anymore still in the tank, checked around midnight, had nothing so I went to bed but left the trap in. This morning, I checked the trap and I found about 50 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp larva! I knew the shrimp were carrying eggs but did not think they were quite ready to hatch. I transferred the larva to another larva tank and added some greenwater and rotifers. The Skunk cleaner shrimp were only about a third of the size of the Clownfish larva, they are really small. So small, I had to look at them under a microscope to figure out what they were! I think they may even be smaller than the Threadfin cardinal larva from yesterday.
BTW, there are still about 8 of the Threadfin larva still alive today.

There's something in the water....:D

Bob

Seedless Reefer
02-01-2009, 9:09 AM
GOD

Linda you are to stay away from his place unless you are wrapped in some type of contraceptive suit!

Everything over there has babies and we just can't take the risk of an unprotected visit to that spermatorium of his!

bobz
02-01-2009, 9:12 AM
Lmao!!!

Linda Lee
02-01-2009, 9:13 AM
Congrats, Bob! Looking forward to pictures.

And I should come over and check out your set up. (I need something new to play with)

bobz
02-01-2009, 10:37 AM
No pics. If I had a digital microscope maybe...but these are really small!

Seedless Reefer
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
You go over there you better be dressed like the Gortons Fisherman!

And wear some goggles.

Don't come crying to me for support if you come away carrying quadruplets!

I'll just say I told you so!

Kirru
02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I hope they make it bob, i might like to get some when they are ready and if you wanna get rid of them ;)

Loren, you are crackin me up :lol:

fishgardener
02-01-2009, 7:12 PM
Well I want to go see all these babies. It is way too cool. It's safe for me, all my equipment is gone! I had no idea anyone could raise shrimp.

DrNecropolis
02-01-2009, 7:14 PM
You go over there you better be dressed like the Gortons Fisherman!

And wear some goggles.

Don't come crying to me for support if you come away carrying quadruplets!

I'll just say I told you so!

LMAO!!!

Loren you are in rare form this evening:lol2:

RaisingTwo2006
02-01-2009, 8:02 PM
Congrats, Bob!

savingnemo754
02-01-2009, 8:13 PM
Bob

I would love to see your set up one day. I am very interested in breeding, but not sure if the set up needed.