View Full Version : 18g nano

etoh_is_good
11-25-2008, 1:12 AM
My current tank is a nano 18 g display tank. The tank has been running in it's current location in my house since May 2007. The tank was set up after moving into our new house. My previous nano tanks were a 20g long and 10g that were set up in Maryland before I moved to Georgia. Most of my corals did not survive the move from Maryland and temporary apartment in Georgia. I've been happy with the current setup mainly because added large sump, which I did not use while running the former 20 g long nano tank. I've gone slow with the additions because the long term goal was to have a SPS dominant tank. Until recently, I thought the SPS coral were happy in the tank. I was wrong because once I started dosing two-part solution the growth improved. When I turned on the calcium reactor, the growth has been more impressive. The contents of the 18g tank will soon be transfered to a 40g tank. Enjoy.

Scubagirl12
11-25-2008, 3:09 AM
very nice and and compact. my 12g is about the same way.. i can barely fit any more coral in there and i constantly have to rearrange as things grow so they dont sting each other.