View Full Version : Live rock desparation

stephencarter1
12-23-2006, 1:08 AM
Hey guys,
I'm looking for around 40lbs of live rock. If anyone is selling some or knows where I can find any for less than 6.75 a pound in the Atlanta area (preferably east side), let me know. Thanks!

tngarner
12-23-2006, 12:01 PM
I was in Cappuccino Bay in Marietta about two weeks ago and They had some LR for $5.50ish a pound, and premium for 7.50ish. Either way it is worth a trip there as they always have a fairly good deal on something.

Vettesarebest
12-23-2006, 12:37 PM
not only that they always have AMAZING corals. I feel i cannot go there if i do not win the lottery first because i want everything there.

Showtime305
12-23-2006, 3:14 PM
$4 per pound at Aquarium Showcase in Alpharetta. I don't know much about store on the eastside though.

Vettesarebest
12-23-2006, 3:20 PM
sry but i have a complaint for aquarium showcase. I was there the other day and i bought some brine shrimp you know because i expected that they'd be good and healthy and somewhat alive. So when i got in the car after awile on the road i noticed that more than half of the two protions were dead and black!! i know i should have looked at them before that was my fault. But it made me mad that they sold me DEAD brine shrimp. Just wanted to express my feeling to you guys. I also must say i would never buy a fish there. NONE OF THEM ARE HEALTHY!!!!

Showtime305
12-23-2006, 4:23 PM
You should start hatching your own brine. I haven't done it but i've heard it's easy. Most of the fish I've seen at Aquarium Showcase look healthy. My royal gramma was purchased from them and it's doing well. I'm not a huge fan of there coral selection though.

Vettesarebest
12-23-2006, 5:37 PM
well i mean not many of there fish are healthy. It seems to me at least. andd nothing is marked right. I have hatched my own brine shrimp before but i just dont have the supplies right now. I went away for a year and ther food Called SELCON turned into a rock instead of liquid so i need some more and i want to buy a culture vessel from Aquatic Eco.

slayer
12-24-2006, 6:38 PM
pm sent....i have about 50lbs of coraline covered rock availible now....i will have about 200-250 lbs avalible soon. (breaking down a tank) completly purple no brown at all....premium rock...
jaime