View Full Version : Custom POIs: GA Aquarium Stores

flyingarmy
12-19-2006, 1:42 PM
I just wanted to share a custom POI(Point of Interest) file that I created for my Garmin SP 2730 of all the Georgia Aquarium Stores/Suppliers I know. I know I don't have them all so if you know of any others please send me the address. Just right click and save file, then unzip.

http://www.flyingarmy.com/GAAq.zip

Broreefr
12-19-2006, 3:08 PM
SO....... you basically are asking, ~ with a very limited amount of posts I may add ~ for us to go to an unknown source, then download and save an unfamiliar file to our computer, BRILLIANT.....I love having unprotected sex in cyberspace

mojo
12-19-2006, 4:35 PM
flyingarmy- thanks for the contribution. Can you get together with kwl1763 about comparing notes for our map (http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1834)?

Broreefr- unless you have reason to believe that the file is corrupt or contains any malicious files/code, please refrain from attacking other members. I'm not allowing a "guilty until proven innocent" here. Anyone interested in downloading an using a POI file should be aware of virus scanners, and should be downloading files at their own risk anyway.

Broreefr
12-19-2006, 8:10 PM
MOJO thanks for jumping in, when a person asks me to go to an unfamiliar site and download an unfamiliar file, that SIR is reason enough for me to be suspicious, it was posted in the lounge where there is an OPEN variety of topics, and I commented. There are a lot of comments made here, there are a lot of opinions offered here.

There was a "new member" who told of an unpleasant lfs expierience and was called a "LIE" by some of the "upstanding contributors here. It was all good.

There are such a thing as private messages here young man and just as when I had an issue I addressed it with you via pm, you could have done the same with me ~ you chose to pubicly call me out ~ its all good friend.

Should you now decide to edit, delete, or close this post, thats good too.
should you decide to discontinue my account I suppose you have that authority as well.

I really did have such a high opinion of you. perhaps I rushed to judgement

mojo
12-19-2006, 8:25 PM
There are such a thing as private messages here young man and just as when I had an issue I addressed it with you via pm, you could have done the same with me ~ you chose to pubicly call me out ~ its all good friend.
I'm aware that there are PM's. I didn't (and still don't) have a problem with you - only the nature of that post. If the original poster had 1 or two posts, wasn't a member, and didn't have a history of intelligent posts, then I wouldn't have said anything.

Should you now decide to edit, delete, or close this post, thats good too. should you decide to discontinue my account I suppose you have that authority as well.
In all except the most extreme cases, I refrain from deleting or editing existing posts from members. I try to keep things civil and upbeat between everyone here, and try to do so without changing history. Otherwise, the board becomes reminiscent of Big Brother in 1984 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four).

I value your participation on the board, and look forward to more; I have no reason to discontinue your account or membership!

I really did have such a high opinion of you. perhaps I rushed to judgement
Sorry to disappoint; I knew I might get that reaction when I posted it, but felt it was necessary to make a point to the community. I apologize that I had to use your post as an example. Please view this as a using a post as an example, not singling you out.

Broreefr
12-19-2006, 8:48 PM
Sorry to disappoint; I knew I might get that reaction when I posted it, but felt it was necessary to make a point to the community. I apologize that I had to use your post as an example. Please view this as a using a post as an example, not singling you out.

Whew.....thanks for clearing that up. I feel in no way singled out now.

perhaps its the position that does it, I mean "W" still believes we are winning in Iraq. $#^$##^#$#$^%%&%.........

We here at Beatum, cheatum, slither, and slander ~ L.L.C.
Have seen fit to intervene in this post for our client Broreefr, although we understand his passion, we as council believe it is best for our client not to post here until the year has passed and the new administration is in place. Any further correspondence should be faxed directly to our offices.

flyingarmy
12-20-2006, 7:05 AM
SO....... you basically are asking, ~ with a very limited amount of posts I may add ~ for us to go to an unknown source, then download and save an unfamiliar file to our computer, BRILLIANT.....I love having unprotected sex in cyberspace

Broreefr..your choice to download the file or not. I just wanted to post up a simple database of stores for the easy of everyone that has a GPS. It's a zip file and can be scanned by any anti-virus program. Choice is a wonderful thing, we all have the right to use it!:up: