View Full Version : July Meeting Announced.....

Xyzpdq0121
07-02-2008, 7:03 PM
Ok guys and gals, It is time to announce the July meeting...

http://www.lipspizza.com/images/bbq-reduced.jpg

This month it is time for a bit of BBQ and fun in the sun. We will be holding this month's meeting on Saturday July 12th from 12:00pm to ?:??. We will be meeting at Murphey Candler Park which is over off of 285 and 400 just inside the loop. The address for the park is: 1551 W. Nancy Creek Dr., Dunwoody, GA. We will be meeting in Pavilions #11 and #12.

This will be a fun in the sun event. The park features baseball, softball, football, multi-use field, tennis courts, swimming pool, playground, picnic area, lake and trails so bring you toys and maybe we can get an ARC softball game going on. There will be a pool for the kids if you so choose.

We will be having the event catered by a local BBQ company. The menu is still being decided but looks like it will consist of Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket, Ribs, BBQ Chicken, side dishes, tea and lemonade. The event will be BYOB for any adult drinks you want to bring. If you have any diet restrictions, please let me know ahead of time so I can make sure that we have food for you. Food service will start at 1:00pm.

http://www.pigshak.com/images/bbq_sandwich.jpg

As ALWAYS, ARC events are open to paid members and non-members alike. Because of the nature of this event though, the food will only be FREE to paid members and non-members may join at the event or pay $15 per adult and $10 per child to eat. Paid members are allowed to bring only immediate family members (spouse/partner and children) for free. Brothers/cousins/mistresses/etc will have to pay as non-members.

If you are planning on attending PLEASE RSVP and let us know how many your are bringing so we can make sure that we have enough food. Click here to RSVP (http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17133). You may come without RSVPing but I might give you a dirty look. :D

We have rented TWO pavilions at the park but it might be a wise idea to bring chairs or pic-nic blankets if you have them. You are more then welcome to bring items for trade and sale but just be aware that past experience shows that you have to pack frags very well to survive the heat of being outside for a few hours.

This promises to be a great event full of ARC family fun. Can't wait to see you there! :yay:

DannyBradley
07-02-2008, 7:47 PM
Is this a dog friendly event? If so, Alexander will probably make a slobbery appearance.

Xyzpdq0121
07-02-2008, 9:19 PM
Is this a dog friendly event? If so, Alexander will probably make a slobbery appearance.

Sure... I already told ya you could bring your girlfriend!!! :D

J/K

Just as long as they are friendly and you are in control of your dog...

clownking
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I would like to atten I will be bringing my wife and son

clownking
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
will i get my membership card during this meetin?:unsure:

RaisingTwo2006
07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
UGH!! Again- I post my disappointment that I will be watching my little sis ruin her life instead of hanging out with you guys..

Sounds like a great time- yall eat some extra for me :)

DannyBradley
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Sure... I already told ya you could bring your girlfriend!!! :D

haHA! When you meet Ali, you'll be the one slobbering. I'll be sure to bring you a bib.

BeesBaby
07-09-2008, 4:29 PM
will i get my membership card during this meetin?:unsure:

Yes, your card will be available for pickup at the BBQ.

Derek_S
07-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, how was it? I had to work.. :(

fraggel rock
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM
It was nice to put some faces with names today. I wish i could have actually talked to somebody but my baby girl would not let me put her down.

johnr2604
07-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Had a good time. Got to meet some new people and the food was great especially the ribs.

washowi
07-13-2008, 2:17 AM
Most of the people were gone by 3 when I got there...Nice to hang with the pic-nic-ers that stayed..

Yummy food......:)

Thanks to Brandon and anyone else involved......

SShindell
07-13-2008, 5:10 AM
It was a great time. Thanks to all that planned it.

Rockdog
07-13-2008, 5:25 AM
Good time for me and the wife. Thank You all for planning a great Picnic...

Jason