View Full Version : Our New Website is up!

Margi
06-03-2008, 5:32 PM
Check us out at www.MyReefCreations.com (http://www.MyReefCreations.com) - we will be adding more soon!

Amici
06-03-2008, 5:42 PM
WOW looks great! Very impressive.

KRB
06-03-2008, 7:13 PM
The sight looks great! When, if ever, are you going to have a HOT skimmer?

Margi
06-03-2008, 7:15 PM
Thank you!

If you see any typos - please let me know! Never realized how many products we sell until I had to put them all into the database! :thumbs:

Margi
06-03-2008, 7:18 PM
Maybe after we finish releasing our new (yet unnamed) needle wheel skimmer line - and the new needle wheel commercial line (coming soon) - we will look into a HOT Skimmer.

Product suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

DannyBradley
06-03-2008, 8:46 PM
and the new needle wheel commercial line (coming soon)

SHHH!!! :)

Ralph ATL
06-03-2008, 9:27 PM
nice site!

George
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Great site. None of the menu/formatting issues the old site had with Firefox.

mojo
06-05-2008, 2:52 PM
Looks very good! Glad to see you finally got everything up and going!

dough
06-29-2008, 8:23 PM
So when is the new skimmer coming out?

Margi
06-29-2008, 8:43 PM
I will be putting the new Ocean Force Skimmers on the website this week!

Soarin'
06-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Very nice website! I have heard very nice things about MRC skimmers -- I didn't realize that you guys were local, and Sponsors of the club, though. I'll definitely be checking you guys out when it comes time for more equipment.

ares
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I will be putting the new Ocean Force Skimmers on the website this week!

till then, any chance for some info on them?

Im presuming the ocean force skimmer is the needle wheel line? is that going to run from consumer to commercial? or is this just 1 or the other so far?

Margi
07-02-2008, 2:50 PM
Right now we have three - all consumer sized

Ocean Force 75 (for about 75 gallons at medium bioload) - $299
Ocean Force 150 - $329 and
Ocean Force 300 - $429

Needle Wheel with bubble plates, very small footprints.

10% ARC discount will apply to lower the price accordingly for current ARC members.

Tim has redesigned them slightly - so we might not get them on the website until NEXT week - but we can take pre-orders if anyone is interested.

ares
07-02-2008, 4:31 PM
might be, but I have many more questions which you may not have the answers to.

such as...

lph air draw?
wattage?
what pumps are they using? multiple pumps on the larger units, or is that reserved for commercial?
body diameter? will these use the typical MRC half square/half round body design?
recirculating model available?
insump or external? or either/or?

and just to really be greedy, pics?

LorenK
07-02-2008, 4:37 PM
Picture in this thread...although as Margi says the design has changed slightly.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16226

DannyBradley
07-02-2008, 5:19 PM
I think it's important to note that with this skimmer line we're trying to deliver a product that performs well, is constructed out of high quality materials, and is economical on space, product cost, and power consumption. The Ocean Force line is not intended and was not developed to compete with skimmers that cost 20 times as much. It is intended to put an affordable skimmer that utilizes the latest technology in the hands of consumers that aren't ready to spend an incredible amount of money on a skimmer. What we've come up with so far in prototyping is exactly that- An affordable skimmer that utilizes current technology built from American made cast acrylic and performs very well in both skimmate production and stability. I've depth tested it from 6" all the way up to the height of the main chamber without them over or under skimming.

We only have a few more things to decide on before we release them. We're MRC, after all, so we're going to do it right.

lph air draw?
wattage?
what pumps are they using? multiple pumps on the larger units, or is that reserved for commercial?

Right now we're testing them on Sea Line Pumps. I have my new air flow meter on order right now, as the larger one we use for our beckett skimmers is not sensitive to that range.

body diameter? will these use the typical MRC half square/half round body design?
The sizes are 4", 6", and 8" body tube diameters. The pump sits inside the stand of the skimmer and is easily removed for cleaning. We've set up the skimmer so that every part can easily be removed for cleaning. We're testing out a new neck today so I won't have exact skimmer dimensions until we settle on a design. We've also just changed the bubbleplate design.

recirculating model available?
We do not currently have plans to make this line recirculating.

insump or external? or either/or?

It will not run external without some at home modding, which I've already figured out, but don't recommend..

I do have a few running out in the field. I'll try to get a pic up of one in the next few days.

washowi
07-03-2008, 3:42 PM
Nice.....

question, did Tunze raise their prices?

DannyBradley
07-03-2008, 9:50 PM
Nice.....

question, did Tunze raise their prices?

Probably :). They are made out of plastic, which is petroleum based, which seems to be expensive right now. I won't be able to get you an exact answer until Monday.

Skriz
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Tunze announced a price increase a few months ago. Tunze can do that because they're Tunze!

dough
07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Could that price increase be to the decline in the dollar?

Skriz
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Could that price increase be to the decline in the dollar?

hmm, I didn't think about that. I suppose it is possible, but the dollar has been weak for quite a long time now. It hasn't faired well against the Euro for a long time.

cdub
07-12-2008, 7:23 AM
any update on these skimmers? very intersted in how the test models are doing..