View Full Version : Reminder Emails for renewing memberships

mojo
05-22-2008, 9:02 PM
I've added a system to automatically remind members that their membership is coming up for renewal automatically, and adds specific directions on how to remove the subscription, if so desired.

The system will send an automated email 30 days, 1 week, and 1 day before expiration. Hopefully this will help with people feeling like they got caught off gaurd.

If you receive an email about a renewal and it's not accurate, please PM me - it's hard to test the system without... testing the system.

LorenK
05-22-2008, 9:04 PM
Thanks Chris.

mojo
05-22-2008, 9:05 PM
BTW, Loren, the script is defined in the Scheduled Task Manager, set to run every day at 6am.

Lifestudent
05-22-2008, 9:45 PM
I've added a system to automatically remind members that their membership is coming up for renewal automatically, and adds specific directions on how to remove the subscription, if so desired.

The system will send an automated email 30 days, 1 week, and 1 day before expiration. Hopefully this will help with people feeling like they got caught off guard...

:up: :dance: :w00t:

Hallelujah!

Hey Chris, next time our meeting is at a bar, I owe you at least one! :cheers:

Thank you!

Bob

Showtime305
05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
This is great. Thanks Chris.

Blueeyes
05-23-2008, 12:30 AM
yea thanks for the heads up

mojo
05-23-2008, 7:53 AM
OOPS! Two people just got sent 60 emails this morning. Instead the script running every day at 6am, I had it run every MINUTE every day at 6am. I've since fixed that (need to brush up on my crontab skills!), and have sent both users a personal email apologizing for flooding their inbox.

I'm glad I CC'd myself on these first few emails...

Xyzpdq0121
05-23-2008, 9:06 AM
LOL, you are fired Chris!!!!

Thanks for getting this up so quickly!

BeesBaby
05-23-2008, 9:51 AM
NOT!

Thanks Chris for taking the ball and running with this. It will definately help all (members and volunteers) with being notified about an upcoming PayPal automatic renewals.

Lifestudent
05-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks Chris for taking the ball and running with this. It will definately help all (members and volunteers) with being notified about an upcoming PayPal automatic renewals.

YES SIR EE BOB!!! :D

Yep! I received another email/complaint just this morning from someone who says "Iím not sure why my membership was auto renewed, but I would like this resolved. Please I do not plan to renew my membership.

Thank you"

His PayPal transaction occurred on 5/1.

Thanks again Chris for increasing the customer service level of our club! :up:

Linda Lee
06-26-2008, 5:35 PM
My membership was renewed and my PayPal account charged on the 25th. I received none of the emails.

It's not a big deal -- just wanted to let someone know.

mojo
06-26-2008, 5:44 PM
Hmm- that's weird.... I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

mojo
06-26-2008, 6:57 PM
I also updated the User CP menu to include "ARC Subscription", where it will list out your ARC subscription details, allow you to renew it, and provides details on how to cancel it.

mojo
07-03-2008, 1:53 PM
Ok- I finally had a chance to look into this. I think I found the problem. I've done a number of tests, and I've left myself to be CC'd for now when people should get the email notification.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.