View Full Version : WTA: Black or Yellow Lab Puppy

05-06-2008, 8:39 PM
A co-worker of mine wants to adopt either a black or yellow lab female puppy. I've checked a couple of places and can't find one that isn't under the age of 3 years old.

Anybody know where she can go to get a 6 month old female black (or yellow) lab puppy? Linda?

Linda Lee
05-06-2008, 8:57 PM
Although I don't see any actual puppies in the Dog Squad right now, I'd send an email to and ask if they know of one. The Atlanta Dog Squad is bombarded by requests to take in abandoned/surrendered dogs and has to turn so many away. They may know of one in a shelter somewhere that they haven't been able to rescue.

Linda Lee
05-06-2008, 9:00 PM
Here's a litter of five ( little darlings with Homeless Pets of Atlanta.

05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Labs are absolutely the best dogs, once they get past the chewing stage :). My chocolate lab is wonderful. We live out of town so he has room to roam, but never leaves our land or crosses roads, and is absolutely great with the kids. A few months ago he got caught by a limb or something and broke both bones in his lower leg completely. Cost about a 1,000.00 to have a metal plate put in, but I couldn't not do it. Looks like Linda found the perfect solution for your friend :).

05-06-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm glad to see your wanting to adopt! There are millions of animals out there that deserve to find their forever home! I have 2 dogs( one is a shepard mix, and the other is a former racing Greyhound) and a tortishell cat that we've had for about 7 years. The shepard mix and torti both came from the pound, and the Grey came from Southeastern Greyhound.. )