View Full Version : Flood Alarm

wbholwell
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
After flooding my laundry room yet again, I just ordered this flood alarm:

http://www.preventsecurity.com/productdetails.asp?c=-1&s=-1&sub=83&p=35

If it performs as advertised, it's not bad for 14 bucks delivered. I'll post a review once it arrives.

KRB
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
If you have a security system where your tank is, you can get a float switch(water detector) and have the monitoring station call you if the sensor goes off. That way you will know even if you are at work or out. Talk to your security provider about it. If they don't know, call me.

wbholwell
04-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Actually the alarm is just for where I make water. When I make small amounts for topoff I usually use a small 5 gallon jug, and just set a timer for 90 minutes. Sometimes I forget to set the timer. Doh

I like the alarm integrated into the security system, though.

KRB
04-25-2008, 10:14 PM
i forget my RODI water all the time, pisses my wife off something fierce as it is in the laundry area

Amici
04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
I have forgotten it once and it wasnt all that bad of a flood. I then ordered a float valve from Sammy and installed that. Well 2 days after having it installed, it didnt "float" up with the water for some reason and flooded again. That one was a bit more water.

LiveRock27
04-26-2008, 8:57 AM
I have a similar product i use with behind my washer and fridge and it saved me a lot of trouble when one of the water lines in my fridge wentout. Good pickup and I hope you never have to use it.