View Full Version : Ever see this video--9/11 stuff

washowi
10-26-2006, 2:52 AM
What crock of Sh-t!!!!

Bet this guy thinks we did not land on the moon.!!!!!

I laughed my *** off.....

Thoughts? Man, what the hell is wrong with these people?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6625678223848549079&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en

mojo
10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
"Knowledge is not a series of self-consistent theories that converges toward an ideal view; it is rather an ever increasing ocean of mutually incompatible (and perhaps even incommensurable) alternatives, each single theory, each fairy tale, each myth that is part of the collection forcing the others into greater articulation and all of them contributing, via this process of competition, to the development of our consciousness. " -Paul Feyerabend

mojo
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Also-

"Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought is life. Systems which end doubt are devices for drugging thought. " -Albert Guerard

People tend to doubt things, especially when it's something like 9/11 - just like the JFK assasination and other big events. It's human nature. While I don't agree or disagree with anything in the video (or the dozens like it), I'm glad we can live in a country where we have the opporunity to cast doubts freely and without government interference.

There's a lot of "coincidences" that happen to exist surrounding the 9/11 events. While I won't rule out terrorist attack, I won't rule out our own government plotting something. This isn't the first time something like this has been attempted by our own government.

jessezm
10-26-2006, 2:04 PM
Well said. Whether or not we know or will ever know everything there is to know about the events of 9/11, I do think it is safe to say that the administration has a vested interest in controlling the narrative about what happened. Whether it was truly a conspiracy, willful neglect, simple incompotence, Clinton's fault (the right's trustworthy refrain) , or completely and utterly unpreventable, is all just shades of grey to me. It happened and it was utterly horrible. What is more important to me at this point is how we responded, and this, I believe, is a constantly unfolding tragedy. The more this president and his allies use the specter of 9/11 to drive failed policy after failed policy through the congress, the more the terrorists seem closer to achieving their goals. I guess that's why it seems like such a conspiracy to me...

mojo
10-26-2006, 2:28 PM
The more this president and his allies use the specter of 9/11 to drive failed policy after failed policy through the congress, the more the terrorists seem closer to achieving their goals.

I agree 100%. The "Patriot Act" (which couldn't be less patriotic), the new laws on wiretapping, our involvement in Iraq, the Department of Homeland Security (which has been all but worthless), an unwinnable "War on Terror", and countless other actions taken by the current administration can all be traced back to 9/11.

Whether 9/11 was something orchestrated by terrorists or our goverment, it's a shame that we (as Americans) have been treated like this by our own government.

Reminds me another quote:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

jessezm
10-26-2006, 2:56 PM
and another one--"we have nothing to fear but fear itself" (FDR?)

washowi
10-26-2006, 7:24 PM
There's a lot of "coincidences" that happen to exist surrounding the 9/11 events. While I won't rule out terrorist attack, I won't rule out our own government plotting something. This isn't the first time something like this has been attempted by our own government.[/quote]

Won't rule it out? Please forgive me when I say "Are you smoking crack!!:

Wow, never saw that coming from you.....Did Armstrong walk on the moon? :)

mojo
10-26-2006, 7:38 PM
Take a look at Operation Northwoods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods), now unclassified though the Freedom of Information Act

"Operation Northwoods, or Northwoods, was a 1962 plan to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government of Fidel Castro, as part of the U.S. government's Operation Mongoose anti-Castro initiative. The plan, which was not implemented, called for various false flag actions, including simulated or real state-sponsored acts of terrorism (such as hijacked planes) on U.S. and Cuban soil. The plan was proposed by senior U.S. Department of Defense leaders, including the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lyman Louis Lemnitzer."

I'm not saying that 9/11 was or was not a government conspiracy. What I'm showing with this is that we have documented accounts of our own government creating a plan to falsify an attack on the US to gain support for it's own military offensive.

Given that there are a lot of things that are simply questionable in the 9/11 attacks (no matter what you think happened) and documents showing that this type of thought is not outside the realm of what our government will think up, then yes, I think we have to consider it.

As for Armstrong, there are plenty of conspiracy theories, but NASA has debunked the questions time and again. That isn't the case with 9/11.