LorenK
03-18-2008, 7:58 PM
Site Issues, We are looking into it.

burdundi
03-18-2008, 8:51 PM
Thanks Loren!

LorenK
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
For the die hards we're still having some issues. We've left a message for the site host and will hopefully have this resolved in the morning.

You'll notice a message on the front page. The site may or may not stay up, but as it's up enjoy.

purpleGORILLA
03-19-2008, 9:39 AM
Yay, finally fixed. Can't browse worth a darn.

mapleredta
03-19-2008, 9:44 AM
i actually had to do work this morning because the site was down.

Derek_S
03-19-2008, 9:51 AM
i actually had to do work this morning because the site was down.

ditto. Dont want that to happen again...:thumbs:

LorenK
03-19-2008, 2:41 PM
Just an FYI for all. We've completed a post-mortem on the site issue. Due to Victor's consistent lack of punctuation, the system had a parsing error that caused one of the tables to become severely corrupted.

Given the cause, we have changed his permissions so that all of his messages go to a grammer and syntax teacher for moderation. Once approved, they will be posted. We have also pooled our money and purchased the book "The Art of the Period, the Zen of the Comma." and will present it to Victor at the next meeting.

Thanks for your understanding and apologies for the outage.

Seriously though, it was just a fluke memory issue. Hopefully cycling the server has solved our issue.

Victor626nj
03-19-2008, 2:45 PM
Just an FYI for all. We've completed a post-mortem on the site issue. Due to Victor's consistent lack of punctuation, the system had a parsing error that caused one of the tables to become severely corrupted.

Given the cause, we have changed his permissions so that all of his messages go to a grammer and syntax teacher for moderation. Once approved, they will be posted. We have also pooled our money and purchased the book "The Art of the Period, the Zen of the Comma." and will present it to Victor at the next meeting.

Seriously though, it was just a fluke memory issue. Hopefully cycling the server has solved our issue.
:bash:

LorenK
03-19-2008, 2:50 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9931/064qh7.gif
Don't make me bust out my smiley stash!!!! lolz

:bash:

dough
03-19-2008, 5:09 PM
I knew it, I knew it, I knew was Victor's fault all along. I had to watch Dancing with the Stars instead of playing on the ARC forums because of Victor.

Big D
03-19-2008, 5:52 PM

Bwaahhaaahhaaa... NICE!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Any issues with those of us that over-punctuate?... :D I figured it all just worked out in the end.

Big D

Skriz
03-19-2008, 9:06 PM
lol!

i'll but a couple of grammer books if that'll help!

:)

Amici
03-19-2008, 9:13 PM
Victor did it again this afternoon!!!

jefft
03-19-2008, 9:38 PM
lol!

i'll but a couple of grammer books if that'll help!

:)

Sorry Victor, had to jump on the bash Victor bandwagon!:lol2:

FutureInterest
03-19-2008, 9:41 PM
I'm still getting the database message when trying to access PMs.

Victor626nj
03-19-2008, 9:42 PM
i cant refresh the site .....

Linda Lee
03-19-2008, 9:45 PM
I'm still getting the database message when trying to access PMs.

I was too about 2 minutes ago.

But I just deleted temps & cookies and cleared history and now can access PM's just fine.

Could just be a coincidence, but you might give it a try if you haven't already. That *data base error* could be a cookie.

Seedless Reefer
03-19-2008, 9:51 PM

WAHAHAHAHA and you say I'm quick witted??? good stuff man. LOL syntax.

FutureInterest
03-19-2008, 9:53 PM
I can access my pms again. I didn't mess with anything.

gwen_o_lyn
03-19-2008, 10:02 PM
totally cracks me up when people go off on a tangent about grammar, but can't even spell the word grammar!! ha ha