View Full Version : Got the PS3!..........Wanted: Heavenly Sword or Tekken 6?

Game411
03-18-2008, 8:00 AM
I finally got it yesterday evening, had to drive all the way up to Exit 290 from 235, that was like 70 miles, OUCH! Anyway, I finally got it, it's a 60Gig, 100% Backward compatible, 2 Sixaxxis Wireless controlers and all cables.........

Unfortunately it came with NO games........ But I'm still happy.

Do you guys this I traded a little too much to get it?

I gave him:

XBOX 360 (please don't judge from gamers point of view, I've heard everyones opinion I think as far as playing the games)
Palm Treo 680 (ATT/Cingular)
Playstation 2

Lastly:

Anyone got any of the following games:

Heavenly Sword
Tekken 6
Tombraider: I have TRI, TRII, TRIII, TR Chronicles, I'm looking for any OTHER TR like Dark night or shadow, can't really remember the name.........

Let me know.........

LiveRock27
03-18-2008, 8:04 AM
You wanted a PS3 and if you weren't using the other things than I say it is a great trade. Used they are still over $300 around here. Sucks about the drive, but enjoy the new system. Another game I love for the PS3 is Ninja Gaiden.

Barbara
03-18-2008, 8:11 AM
I agree with Liverock. One man's junk is another man's treasure. If you weren't using the other stuff, and you got something you really wanted, then you win! Enjoy it.

reefknight
03-18-2008, 8:13 AM
Dude you got the right one for sure, the 60GB was the best unit, if you wanted to play older games. It actually makes some look better, IMO. Some look absolutley horrible though. You should pick up a copy of "Assassin's Creed" that game is awesome. Also you can download Tekken Dark Resurrection from online, and that has to be one of the best looking fighting out there currently.

blackwolfl
03-18-2008, 8:28 AM
I have heavely sword and assassins creed and i have to say both are execellent games

tnyga
03-18-2008, 8:29 AM
I have heavely sword and assassins creed and i have to say both are execellent games

DITTO...both are awesome

Game411
03-18-2008, 8:40 AM
Yeah, didn't need the Treo, folks switched to Metro PCS and I HATE CINGULAR!!! and I wasn't going to play the XBOX or go on XBOX live. I did give him a Keyboard also, but I bought that thing 7yrs ago and have never touched it in that time except when I moved it from one cabinet to the other....I found out on ebay it's only worth $40, but he was excited.

I'll have to admit, HALO was cool, but after 3hrs of play I got tired, nothing does it for me like LARA CROFT! Sorry guys, as soon as the Stepford Project is complete, I know the EXACT MOLD & SPECIFICATIONS of mine, down to the very last detail, now if they can only HURRY UP!

I don't think I'll detour much on games, like I said, I'm not much of a gamer, infact, I am trying to stop watching tv all together, need to focus on other stuff like.........HOW NOT TO KILL $500 WORTH OF FISH!!! But still hooked on House & Law & Order.......................Dang, I'm getting old, used to sit infront of that tv for hours.

I'll have to try and figure out how to download the game, might not though, I'm not a comp guy.

But if anyone has the above games, let me know and what you want for them.........

Game411
03-18-2008, 8:41 AM
Let me know wolf if you want to get rid of HS..........and what you want for it.

humptrax
03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
buy an HDMI cable from an online vendor. best buy and other retailers charge $60+ when it's $12 online.

PS3 in 1080p is awesome. blueray in 1080p is just amazing. it's almost worth spending the extra $3000 for a nice TV. :D

i know you're buying the new Grand Turismo when it comes out, right? download some of the trailers... jeebus the game looks sweet...

Zanski
03-18-2008, 11:08 AM
GEARS OF WAR!!

Nuff said!!

Game411
03-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't think so Humptrax, I had GT-3 Aspec, I enjoyed it, but got boared with it after I couldn't get the Lincenses to access the rest of the tracks, so I gave it to a friend of mine.............

The only games I keep and never get rid of are Tomb Raider and Tekken 3.

Now I want the above games and also a Nintendo 64 + Killer instinct, but I will really be happy with the old Killer instinct for the Super Nintendo, I just can't seem to have the money everytime I ran into it.

Game411
03-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm going to be honest though, not to sound ungrateful, cause I just got a PS3 and I still haven't done any business yet, so I thank God for that, and not just any PS3, the best (I think), but I am 60% feeling like keeping it and 40% feeling like selling it and then get it later on........the only thing is I don't have my PS2, so that's where the extra 10% is coming from..........

I guess I need to get some games for it quick before I trade it for a 120Gal.

humptrax
03-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm going to be honest though, not to sound ungrateful, cause I just got a PS3 and I still haven't done any business yet, so I thank God for that, and not just any PS3, the best (I think), but I am 60% feeling like keeping it and 40% feeling like selling it and then get it later on........the only thing is I don't have my PS2, so that's where the extra 10% is coming from..........

I guess I need to get some games for it quick before I trade it for a 120Gal.

keep it for the blue ray. get some surround sound and a decent TV... no reason to go to the movies anymore.

the best PS3 is the 80gb version. it was released a few months back.

you know, if you want the system just for a few games like the tomb raider series, just sell the system. you can probably get around $500 for it and spend a few months scouring RC for a nice set up.

IMO, $500 for a 120 is too much. i'm not trying to kill a sale or anything but look at these set ups on RC:

granted its used by 125 for $300 with stand, canopy, and sump:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1338704

250G for $900:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1347046

just saying... i don't think an outright trade for a standard 120 is a good one on your side. that is unless you get equipment with it...

Game411
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
DANG! I never knew about this site, I'll check it out.

Game411
03-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I'm one know to wait to buy DVD's at the Pawn shop for $3.00 rather than buy them for $20 when they first come out, paid a hefty price for being a spend thrift when I was younger............

I don't know what I'll do, it's ALL Bleedingthoughts fault, I saw his 210Gal set up yesterday and now I want to get mine, I was content on waiting a couple of months...........you need to go see his, it is AWESOME, better than what Blue Planet tanks look like and it's still not finished.

Let me go take a cold shower see if that'll help.

humptrax
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
don't rush into buying a tank. granted, it took me 8 months to find it, but i was on a super limited budget and found a custom 96 for $250 including stand, canopy, dual 250W MH set up, and sump on ebay.

i've seen some really killer deals on reefcentral. there's a complete 300 system for sale right now with all livestock, equipment, RO/DI, etc. etc. for $2000. :eek:

Game411
03-18-2008, 4:36 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, I am also looking for God of War I, II & III if anyone has it.