View Full Version : Anyone find good deal on livestock locally?

Atlanta Aquarium
03-04-2008, 2:48 PM
I paid full retail price on livestock locally because I did't know any other source to get cheaper locally. Since I met Tim (Keen Reef) and Brad (Casper75) buying livestock at full price is the thing of the past.

Who else offer good deal locally?

humptrax
03-04-2008, 3:02 PM
nemos has pretty good prices. few weeks back, i picked up a two spot hog for $25 but saw some for $15 earlier that week.

$25 carpet surfer...

purpleGORILLA
03-04-2008, 3:09 PM
I picked this up from Nemo for 35 bucks over the weekend...The best part is they even feed him before the purchase to make sure the fish eats...Only when I got home do I realized how much the fish is worth.

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/tilefishes/flashingtilefish/

He caught my attention when I was looking at him and 25 secs later he was another color so I thought the glass was playing tricks on me. I will try to take some pics of him tonight when I get home.

humptrax
03-04-2008, 3:11 PM
oh crap... was it that black/silver flashing goby looking fish in his "reef tank"?

Linda Lee
03-04-2008, 3:13 PM
I paid full retail price on livestock locally because I did't know any other source to get cheaper locally. Since I met Tim (Keen Reef) and Brad (Casper75) buying livestock at full price is the thing of the past.

Who else offer good deal locally?

We've gotten some good prices @ Saltwater City

purpleGORILLA
03-04-2008, 3:16 PM
oh crap... was it that black/silver flashing goby looking fish in his "reef tank"?

Nah, he is sometimes purple, sometimes blue, and sometimes green.

humptrax
03-04-2008, 3:18 PM
he was selling orange spotted rabbits for $15 a pop. he's got some awesome prices.

LiveRock27
03-04-2008, 3:19 PM
Saltwater City has some great corals for really good prices. I was just in there an hour ago and it took all my strength not to walk out with all the great zoas they have.

Atlanta Aquarium
03-04-2008, 3:27 PM
Trihn, that's a great find!!! I've heard about Nemo many of times that they have great price on fish. I need to stop by there.

Saltwater City is another place I need to stop by and look around.

LiveRock27
03-04-2008, 3:30 PM
Also if anybody is looking for large colonies or rocks with multiple corals on it they have both. They have one rock that is covered with orange/blue rics, green sps, and radioactive dragon eye zoas.

Skriz
03-04-2008, 4:57 PM
Nice find Trihn!

I;ve always been skiddish about Nemo; they're quality used to be really dodgy. I'll have to swing by again and see what's going on!

humahuma
03-04-2008, 8:16 PM
It is hard to beat Tim on price and service. I got one of the Humu triggers and the other one he has is 5" for only $22.00, plus his corals look super!!
Thanks Tim!!!