View Full Version : Looking for wholesaler.

highlanderbs
10-04-2006, 6:51 AM
Hello all. I am looking for wholesalers form anywhere. Inside the US and out. Post your lists, Websites, anything can help.

Thanks alot
Highlanderbs

:shades:

Atlanta Aquarium
10-04-2006, 9:51 AM
I assume you are looking to open a business in the pet industry. If this is the case, I would suggest you to attend some of the pet trade shows. I think there is a big one in San Diago, CA. I believe they held there twice a year. There is a small one in Atlanta at AmericaSmart, downtown in January and July. I don't know what's selling there since it's not my industry. I don't venture into that part of the show. Reef keeping is only my hobby for now.

I been in a wholesale business for about 15 years. I travel oversea to buy directly but I still attended some of these trade shows, whether to buy or sell. I've seen many bazarr things in my time but one thing that I can never understand is that an individual business owner would never attend a trade show and wonder why his or her business is not doing well.

I'm sure there are people on the ARC the have good sources of informations that you are looking for but more than likely it's the people that are in the trade. Quite frankly, these people are not going to reveal their sources to you. By going to some of these pet shows, you are going to have a leg up on your competition or at least will put you in an even playing field if you are looking to open a pet shop.

I hope this have help. Good luck.

Pillz
10-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Theres one major local one .. Sunpet LTD. If your looking for anything rare dont go there. Super colored stuff is normally green, nothing nice. If they do get something nice then they charge a arm and a leg, like acan lords for $175... They also will not sell to you unless you have a animal protection lisence and frown upon anyone that fills out an application without a store front.

Non locally you can try Sea dwellings. They have alright stuff but also insist that you send them a pic of your store front before you can start an account with them.

Golden Ina is the same. The only good thing is that if your looking to get stuff drop shipped they can have it sent from the location they collect to Hartsfield now. Depending on what your looking for the best way is just to start calling and look at yellowbook.com

highlanderbs
10-06-2006, 9:31 PM
Thanks for the help. Any more please let me know.

Highlanderbs