View Full Version : Mag 24- New

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
I bought this Mag 24 as a return pump and the darned thing is too powerful (its overfilling my overflows). I ran it for a grand total of about 1 minute, disconnected it, and ordered a Mag 18. These are around $135 new, but I will sell it for $110. I also have the two threaded X insert adapters for the input output I'll throw in. They are 1" input output barb. You can pick it up, or I can meet you at someplace like Cap Bay or something (on certain days, I live far away, and my work schedule is nutty), or I can ship it for like $10 extra.

I also have 1 green chromis I want to donate to someone that will have a big home (my wife's wishes). I thought my male crosshatch trigger consumed them all, but I found him in the rocks.

jmaneyapanda@msn.com

Atlanta Aquarium
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a MAG24 running 24/7 for about 7 years now. It still running. I got my money out of it.

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
yeah, i definitely love the company and the pumps- its all i use for circulation (in my tanks and pond), but i stupidly miscalculated my head loss, and got a too large a pump. my loss is someones gain.

Atlanta Aquarium
08-30-2006, 1:06 PM
Is the price firm, Jim? If nobody wants it, I may get it and use it as a back up since mine is about 7 years old. Where are you?

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 1:34 PM
I am in Blue Ridge GA (up 575 by Tennessee). I would consider a reasonable offer, but please, be reasonable.

Atlanta Aquarium
08-30-2006, 1:48 PM
Cool, I might able to help you out if noboby wants it. By the way, couldn't you return the pump?

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 2:37 PM
Yes, I could return it, but I did use it (and have it in my possesion for about a month before I used it). I prefer to be honest with my purchases. I once got a product from Dr. Foster and Smith that was pretty obviously used, and returned as new by a previous customer. Luckily, DR F+S took care of me, but boy was I mad. I hated it happened to me, so I wont do it to someone else.

Atlanta Aquarium
08-30-2006, 3:09 PM
I mean return it as already open. I think they will take it back but will charge a restocking fee. You had it over a month, so the return policy won't apply in your case anyway.

I may take the MAG24 off from your hand. I really don't need one but sure would be nice to have a spare. Plus I want to connect a few more tanks to my main tank, I may need the extra MAG24 more than I think. At any rate, I'll let somebody else have a shot at it first that really got to have one.

You are right. The MAG24 really put out a lot of water.

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 4:42 PM
Sure, just let me know.

jmaneyapanda
08-30-2006, 4:45 PM
hey, I just noticed your post about frags. I would certainly be willing to trade up for some frags if you would like.

jmaneyapanda
09-02-2006, 7:39 AM
pump gone. thanks all.